This is the personal blog of Andy Barnes, who has over 16 years experience working in the IT services industry for vendors, partners, customers and service providers as a senior consultant.
Andy currently works at Microsoft as a Senior Azure Infrastructure Consultant.
His experience covers an array of capacities; pre-sales, design, implementation and migrations, which span many different industries including; banking, insurance, managed services, retail, sports and public sector.
The primary focus of this blog is Microsoft Azure and related technologies.
However this is not his first blog, Andy has run VMadmin.co.uk since 2008 which is a blog primarily covering VMware and virtualisation.
I currently hold the following certifications, awards and qualifications:
- Microsoft Azure Architect Expert
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate
- Amazon AWS Solutions Architect Associate
- VMware VCP-DCV 3/4/5/5.5/6/6.5/7: vSphere
- VMware VCP-DT 4/5: Horizon View (Desktop)
- Microsoft MCITP:EA (MCSE): 2008
- MCTS: Server 2008 Active Directory
- MCTS: Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
- MCTS: Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure
- MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring
- MCP: Microsoft Certified Professional
- CCIA: Citrix Certified Integration Architect
- CCEE: Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer
- CCAA: XenApp 5 for Windows Server 2008
- CCA: XenApp 5 for Windows Server 2008
- CCA: XenServer 5
- CCA: XenDesktop 4
- CCA: NetScaler 9
- VMware vExpert Award 2009 & 2016
- Bachelor of Science – Software Development, Games Computing BSc (Hons)
DISCLAIMER: All advice, tips, guides and other information on this website is provided as-is with no warranty or guarantee. While most information is correct to the best of my knowledge, I am not reponsible for any issues that may arise in using the information, and you do so at your own risk. As always before doing anything; check, double check, test and always make a backup.